BUSINESS CASE WRITER
We have an immediate full-time opening for a business case writer to collaborate with some of the world’s leading business thinkers to produce high-impact business case studies and teaching materials that will be used in MBA and BBA programs. In many instances this will involve translating the latest research into relevant, professional knowledge. The successful candidate will assist with project management through all phases including writing, editing, marketing, adoption, and dissemination of teaching materials to our global audience. WDI’s Educational Outreach team offers a dynamic working environment.
HOURS & LOCATION:
40 hours/week (8AM to 5PM, Monday – Friday) on-site in our Ann Arbor office; evening and weekend work may occur (during international travel).
- Work collaboratively with Ross School of Business faculty who write case studies for use in MBA and BBA courses.
- Analyze and apply contemporary business principles that guide students to solve problems that businesses face in a global economy.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on emerging and transition market economies, as well as current academic needs in the general business curriculum.
- Develop teaching materials based on this research within established time guidelines, including teaching cases and notes, syllabi, PowerPoint and video presentations, and other supplemental course materials.
- Assist faculty with creating course materials from previously conducted research.
- Manage multiple, complex projects.
- Conduct competitive analysis of other organizations engaged in teaching materials development and dissemination.
- Assist in the development of reporting metrics to measure success.
- Report on teaching materials creation and publication metrics. Build tracking and measuring into the writing process.
- Travel domestically and/or internationally as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
CANDIDATE’S REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Public Policy or related field with an outstanding academic record. NOTE: Must have a basic understanding of contemporary business principles in a global economy.
- Prior relevant, professional business-writing experience.
- Demonstrated paid experience conducting an independent research project.
- Superior written communication in English language, research, analysis, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and to collaborate with business executives and professors as collaborators.
- Ability to perform basic project-management and reporting functions.
- Computer skills include: Windows-environment computer proficiency with MS Office products, including PowerPoint.
- Though travel will not be significant portion of the job, it is required for the successful candidate to be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- The successful candidate will have to provide original proof of identity and current "employment authorization" on or by the first day of work. (See page 9 of the online Form I-9 here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.)
CANDIDATE’S PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with web-editing software and Creative Suite 4 (and above).
- Prior international travel experience is preferred; destinations that included emerging or transition market economies are a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
$40K per year, plus WDI’s benefits package (includes health, dental, life insurance, retirement with immediate vesting, and a generous paid time off package); details will be shared with candidates who are invited to an interview.
NOTE: Benefits will not include relocation expenses.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons who meet the above-stated qualifications should submit a completed WDI “Application for Employment” (choose .pdf or .docx) and submit it with a cover letter to WDI Human Resources via e-mail: email@example.com without delay. There is no deadline to apply, so we may begin to select candidates for interviews as Applications are received.
NOTE: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of WDI's Application form. A 1 or 2-page resume may accompany your completed WDI Application and cover letter, but please do not submit any additional items at this time.
All who apply using WDI's Application form will receive an email acknowledging receipt within two (2) business days of receipt. We will keep this position posted on WDI's website until the successful candidate has formally accepted a written job offer.
The William Davidson Institute (WDI) is an affiliate of the University of Michigan; WDI employees are not employees of the University of Michigan. WDI is an EOE.
QUESTIONS? E-mail your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org – No calls please.