For over 20 years, WDI has been committed to supporting and enhancing the global emerging market experiences of graduate students at the University of Michigan. We have several options for students to engage with WDI and our work during their program of study at U-M.
Global Impact Internship Program – WDI organizes and sponsors graduate student summer internships through its Global Impact Internship Program. For details, click on the navigation at left.
Multidisciplinary Action Projects (MAPs) – WDI organizes and sponsors many MAPs in conjunction with U-M’s Ross School of Business. For details, click on the navigation at left.
Global Impact Speaker Series – WDI hosts periodic events featuring thought leaders, practitioners, and innovators who work in emerging market economies. These speakers share their experiences, provoke thought, and stimulate discussion around the opportunities and challenges of international development. Students and faculty have the opportunity to meet the visiting speaker in a small group setting to further explore issues affecting market-based solutions in emerging markets. For details, click on the navigation at left.
Elective Course Offerings – Through our close affiliation with the Ross School of Business, WDI offers U-M students opportunities to learn more about using business strategies in poverty alleviation or innovative strategies in increasing access to healthcare in emerging markets. For details, click on the navigation at left.
WDI Part-time Research Assistant Job Opportunities – U-M students are encouraged to check our current job openings for opportunities to be hired as a part-time Research Assistant.
- ‘Entrepreneurship is the Answer’
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- MBA Students Begin MAP Project Work
Tuesday, March 21, 2017WDI is organizing and sponsoring 10 student Multidisciplinary Action Projects (MAPs) in Egypt, Ghana, India, Nepal, Malawi, South Africa, Vietnam, this year. The Institute also is providing funding for two additional MAP projects. Find out what these student teams hope to achieve.
- WDI Alum: An Uncomfortable Summer Built Business Acumen
Wednesday, January 18, 2017When Mary Fritz thinks back to her 2012 WDI summer internship in India, she remembers the oppressive heat, the bugs, and her inability to communicate. But the business lessons she took from the experience were well worth the discomfort.
- Launching, Scaling Global Health Innovations Next WDI Talk Topic
Friday, January 6, 2017
- Early Rejection Still Leads To Global Health Career
Wednesday, January 4, 2017For Kallol Mukherji, not getting hired in 2009 for a research assistant job at WDI led to a “life-changing” career in global health.
- Video Interview: Solar Entrepreneur Talks About Bringing Light To India
Thursday, December 22, 2016
- Partnering To Bring Impact To Organizations and Students
Monday, November 21, 2016
- WDI Speaker to Explore Scaling Solar in India
Thursday, November 17, 2016
- WDI Alum’s Journey From Pro Bono Adviser to Social Enterprise Pro
Monday, October 3, 2016
- Early WDI Intern Credits Summer In Poland For International “Sea Legs”
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
- Former Intern Thinks Often About Internship, Namesake
Thursday, May 12, 2016
- Moscow-Based WDI Alumnus Values Student Project Experiences
Thursday, April 7, 2016
- WDI Alum: Changing Course from Assembly Line to Saving Lives
Thursday, February 18, 2016
- Vaccine Economics, Access Topic Of WDI Talk
Friday, February 5, 2016
- Watch WDI Talk On Need For New Ways To Measure Development Impact
Thursday, January 21, 2016
- WDI Refocuses Research Initiatives
Friday, January 15, 2016
- Weekend MBA Student Teams Advance Education Mission
Thursday, January 14, 2016
- Shanghai-Based Vice President Reflects on WDI Internship
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
- MBA Teams New Tool For Education Initiative
Thursday, December 10, 2015
- Watch WDI Speaker David Griswold Nov. 4 Talk
Thursday, November 5, 2015
- Is Coffee Best Served With Sustainability?
Friday, October 30, 2015
- WDI Summer Interns, MAP Teams To Discuss Projects At Expo
Thursday, October 1, 2015
- WDI Intern Looks Back At Time In Bangladesh
Monday, July 13, 2015
- 2015 WDI Interns Blog About Summer Abroad
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
- WDI Class of 2015 Summer Interns Head Overseas
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- Next WDI Speaker To Discuss Financial Tools To Fend Off Poverty
Friday, December 5, 2014