The foundation of our approach is our 6M Entrepreneurship Development Model for Emerging Markets. This new model draws on our 15 year track record of designing and delivering entrepreneurship training programs in emerging markets. WDI brings cutting-edge pedagogy and teaching tools to emerging markets and then works with local experts to customize and localize the content. We design our curriculum around the six Ms in the model. The result is a comprehensive program that equips participants with the right knowledge, skills and attitudes to start or scale their businesses.
THE 6M MODEL BREAKDOWN:
- Mindset: The 6M model starts with this “M” as our experience shows that those who launch a new business with openness, creativity, empathy, and resilience are best able to overcome the inevitable hurdles and persevere on their journey.
- Markets: Every business must understand their markets in detail: This “M” focuses on ways to develop and market high value-added goods and services.
- Money: New businesses need money to get started and to grow. This “M” covers accounting and finance, including ways to fund a business.
- Mechanisms: Businesses need effective back-end systems to function effectively. This “M” focuses on logistics and operations.
- Management: Businesses need to ensure their employees are working together towards a common goal. This “M” covers leadership, team dynamics, motivation, and HR strategy.
- Mentorship: Entrepreneurs succeed faster when they have mentors who can provide one-on-one counseling. This “M” focuses on a structured mentorship programs that targets both mentor and mentee and engenders a successful partnership between the two.