WDI’s Esper Leads Webinar Spotlighting WBCSD Program
Friday, September 26, 2014
WDI hosted a webinar Sept. 30 featuring the World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s Social Capital Manager Kitrhona Cerri, who talked about the organization’s new socio-economic measurement program called “Redefining Value.”
The webinar was a question-and-answer format led by WDI Impact Assessment Program Manager Heather Esper, tackling a broad range of topics, including:
- The biggest challenges WBCSD member companies’ face when collecting and sharing data
- How Redefining Value accelerates progress in places around the globe that reward sustainable companies
- WBCSD’s integration of natural and social capital measurements and valuations with corporate performance management
- Examples of companies that have demonstrated how to integrate performance management and decision-making for traditional capital and for social capital
- How companies can improve non-financial internal and external reporting so that it progressively reflects the true value, profits and costs of companies and social ventures
- Establishing best practices in measurement and valuation for both social and environmental outcomes
The WBCSD is a CEO-led organization of forward-thinking companies that galvanizes the global business community to create a sustainable future for business, society and the environment. Together with its members, the council applies its respected thought leadership and effective advocacy to generate constructive solutions and take shared action.
The webinar was part of an on-going series, “Power of Poverty Assessment,” hosted by WDI that showcase the Institute’s latest work and its partners in the poverty reduction and impact assessment sectors.